Why Choose Us
BakkieHi provides a unique feature that allows drivers to quote a price of their own (subject to certain restrictions), and customers can accept or negotiate if they feel the price is too high. In this way, drivers and customers can determine their own pricing rather than it being prescribed to them.
- Convenient cargo carrying at the click of a button.
- Same day delivery – 24/7 safe and fast transactions.
- Friendly mobile interface – neat and sophisticated design.
- Fast, secure, and convenient transactions under your fingertips.
- An affordable, easy-to-use and reliable solution for your everyday transportation needs.
- You don't need to physically be at a pickup or drop-off location – negotiate a fair price with drivers with our amicable, transparent in-app price negotiation feature.
BakkieHi offers two types of delivery services
Pick-Up option “Your requested driver would be picking up items for you and deliver it to the drop off location of your choice”
and your goods
Delivery option “Your requested driver would be delivering items from you with you to the drop off location of your choice”
LET US HELP YOU FIND THE PERFECT BAKKIE FOR YOUR GOODS
Our Vehicles Listing
We have categorised all our acceptable bakkies into 3 groups: small, medium, and large bakkies.
The first top 3 small acceptable bakkies are:
- Opel Combo
- Nissan NP200 (preferably with canopy)
- Volkswagen Caddy and similar vehicles
The first top 3 medium acceptable bakkies are:
- Hyundai H100(Commercial vehicle)
- Kia K2500
- Nissan NP300 Hardbody or Toyota Hilux Single Cab
- Toyota Hilux Double Cab Including all 1 ton trucks and or similar
The first top 3 large acceptable bakkies are:
- JAC 3 – 8 ton Trucks
- Toyota 3 – 8 ton Trucks
- Isuzu 3 – 8 ton Trucks Including all similar 3, 5 and 8 ton trucks
BakkieHi reserves the right to update the eligibility criteria of vehicles as they relate to different products at any time, in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
As a BakkieHi driver, you can set your own flexible hours, earn an additional source of income, and quote your own delivery price to customers to ensure that you are empowered.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Become a BakkieHi Driver
Driving with BakkieHi is an unlimited way to be your own boss and make money. Here’s what you need to know to become a driver with BakkieHi in South Africa.
To become a BakkieHi driver in South Africa, make sure your vehicle meets the below requirements.
- Your vehicle must be in full working order with a valid roadworthy certificate
- The windows and air-conditioning (if installed) must be in working order
- ABS, driver and passenger airbags, and all safety features are in working order
- The vehicle must have third party insurance
- No government, police, or official vehicle will be allowed
- No commercial branded vehicle will be allowed
- If you've personally branded your vehicle, i.e. ‘bakkie for hire call 081 123 456' you will need to ensure that this branding is covered when taking photos of the vehicle for the App
The following documents are required in order to consider and process your application:
- Professional portrait photo or ID photo
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of driver’s license
- Proof of Address not older than 3 months – click here for a list of what you can use:
- 3 Hi-res photos of your vehicle from 3 different angles
- Car Roadworthy Certificate for your vehicle
All drivers registering to drive in Gauteng should complete their vehicle inspection tests at any of the Global Vehicle Testing Centres.
Once all required documents have been received, you are good to go. BakkieHi reserves the right to reject applications that did not meet the requirements. All approved drivers must undergo training before they can use the BakkieHi App. Good Luck!
DOWNLOAD THE APP
Request a BakkieHi
Download Our App
Customer places order on app or website.
Choose Preferred Quote
Customer selects and accepts a quote from driver of choice
Pick Up and Drop Off
On successful completion of a trip, the customer is automatically charged a fee.